Dr. Sarah Lewis Cortes, CIPP/E (GDPR), CISA, CRISC
Hi, I’m Dr. Sarah Lewis Cortes. Some of my interests include Information Security, Privacy, SecOps, Audit, Risk, Compliance, GDPR, DR, IAM, Investigations. I’m also a Darknet Researcher.
Welcome to my wiki.
Some ways to contact me
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (PGP Key: 226CCE21)
- via chat: firstname.lastname@example.org (OTR Key Fingerprint: 407E6144 40622F8E 011A6D6C 67D8EB70 51F82E87)
- via Skype: sarah_cortes
- via phone: 330-99-CYBER
- via Twitter: @SarahCortes
- via LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/SarahCortes
Dr. Sarah Lewis Cortes, CIPP/E (GDPR), CISA, CRISC is Sr Program Manager for M&A Security responsible for MuleSoft Security integration. She earned her undergraduate degree at Harvard University, studied Forensic Sciences at Boston University Medical School, and holds a PhD in Computer Science, Cybersecurity from Northeastern University, specializing in the Darknet, Privacy and Privacy Law as well as IT Security, topics on which she has published extensively. She conducts training and research with the FBI, the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Digital Forensics Crime Lab, and other LEAs. She has implemented and overseen major security and privacy programs and operations in regulated industries, achieving compliance in SOC2, SOX, PCI and GDPR, and other laws and regulation and IT control frameworks.
Prior to undertaking her PhD, Sarah was Senior Vice President for Security, IT Audit and Disaster Recovery at Putnam Investments, an investment management firm with over $400 billion in assets under management, 79 mutual funds, 96 institutional clients, and over seven million shareholders and retirement plan participants. She oversaw Putnam’s recovery on 9/11 when then-parent company Marsh & McLennan’s World Trade Center 99th floor data center was destroyed. She also supervised over and 65 compliance and IT audits per year as well as incident investigations. As a senior executive and later consultant for Putnam and other Fortune 500 firms, Sarah also had responsibility for major applications development, data center and other operations, with over 100+ staff and $50m budgets. Before that, Sarah was a Sr. VP for Data Center and Security Operations and Compliance with BNY Mellon Bank, a global investments company with $1.6 trillion in assets under management, previously a part of Shearson/Lehman/American Express, the giant financial services conglomerate.
Sarah has published extensively on computer security, privacy, mutual criminal legal assistance treaties (MLATs), and the darknet, including MLAT.is World Treaty Cartel Internet Overlay for Darknet and Digital Traffic Analytics for MLAT.is, featured in the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST17). She regularly serves as a referee for Computers & Security Journal.
She has implemented numerous computer applications in use today. Together with Department Chair, Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Biomedical Forensic Sciences and former Cellmark lab director Dr. Robin Cotton et al., Sarah implemented the DNA Mixtures online tool, with a grant from the US Department of Justice. DNA Mixtures was highlighted in the Executive Office of the President, President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST), Report to the President: Forensic Science in Criminal Courts: Ensuring Scientific Validity of Feature-Comparison Methods in 2016.
A former analyst for the US Department of Energy, she led the National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Working Group sub-team, as co-author of the 2014 NIST: Guidelines for Smart Grid Cyber Security: Vol. 2, Privacy and the Smart Grid, as well as the 2010 volume, that created the security and privacy laws section of the report. She served on the privacy use cases team for two years and the NIST cybersecurity working group (CSWG) on Smart Grid privacy for seven years. She has co-led Northeastern University Law School Legal Skills in Social Context (LSSC) clinics on surveillance law and online privacy tools and technology, as well as an MIT Co-Design Studio class at MIT Media Lab. She has helped draft data breach laws, and testified before the Massachusetts legislature and regulatory agencies.
In addition to her work on various industry standards bodies, Sarah serves on the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) P1912 Privacy and Security Architecture for Consumer Wireless Devices Working Group. Sarah serves as a postdoctoral researcher in Digital & Multimedia evidence at the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Crime Lab in Digital and Multimedia Evidence, and trains law enforcement in forensic techniques. In her work to help end cyberstalking and abuse through technology, Sarah serves on the Boards of Emerge, the first Abuser Intervention Program (BIP), and Each One Teach One, dedicated to training for technology employment.
Cloudflare Principal Information Security Compliance Researcher
Inman Technology IT See Professional Services: Litigation Support/Expert Witness Launched and run IT company providing consulting to Fortune 500 firms. Provide hands-on services in the following areas:
- Compliance including GDPR, SOC2, SOX, GLB, SSAE, GRX, ISO27000, NIST, COBIT &tc
- Security Incident Management and Response
- Security Operations
- Security Engineering
- Information Security and Privacy
- IT Audit, Compliance
- Complex Application Development and Implementation
- Disaster Recovery/High Availability
- Data Center Operations Management
- Program/Project Management
- Threat Intelligence
- Data Breach
- Litigation support
- Fidelity Management & Research
- Fidelity Brokerage Company
- Draper Laboratory
- Sanofi Genzyme
- Biogen Idec
- Harvard Law School
- Harvard University Information Systems
- Boston University
- Venable LLC
Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Digital and Multimedia Evidence Crime Lab, Oakland, CA 2017-Present
- Digital and Multimedia Evidence Crime Lab
- Sample tools: Cellebrite, EnCase, FTK, JTAG, chip-off, Keepass
- Postdoctoral internship
- Evidence identification, preservation, extraction, and analysis, report preparation
- Hands-on crime scene processing: evidence and onsite extractions, including CCTV
- Software validation testing, Cellebrite Physical Analyzer, UFED Digital Forensics tools
- Criminal cases include financial crimes, fraud, skimmers, homicide, sexual assault, child abuse/CP, robbery, identity theft
- Examine warrants and ensure legal compliance
Putnam Investments, Boston, MA
A subsidiary of Great-West Lifeco (Power Corporation of Canada); previously, Marsh & McLennan
Investment management firm, with over $400 billion in assets under management, 79 individual mutual fund offerings, 96 institutional clients, and over seven million shareholders and retirement plan participants.
- Sr Vice President, IT Security Operations, Compliance, SOC, Security Engineering, Security Incident Management and Response, Disaster Recovery/High Availability, Audits & Client Transmissions
- Vice President, Investment Trading and Analytics Systems
The Boston Company/Shearson/Lehman/American Express, Boston, MA
A subsidiary of BNY Mellon Bank, a global investments company with $1.6 trillion in assets under management. Previously a subsidiary of Shearson/Lehman/American Express, a financial services conglomerate with brokerage, asset management and investment banking services.
- Sr Vice President, Data Center Operations and Compliance
- Vice President, Disaster Recovery Planning
- AVP, Manager of Mutual Fund System Development and Support
- AVP, Manager, Portfolio Accounting Operations and Services
- Manager of Mutual Fund Performance and Analysis Services
- Management Training Program, Executive Assistant to CEO of The Boston Company, and Vice Chairman of Shearson Lehman
- Programmer Analyst- wrote programs to analyze price fluctuations to detect price gouging.
- Law clerk and legal analyst for cases heard regarding charges of violations of US Energy Department Regulations and US laws
Sarah Lewis Cortes, Darknet Investigation and Forensic Techniques. In Proceedings of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS), Seattle. v. 24, 2018.
Sarah Lewis Cortes and Gareth Owenson, A Freedom Hosting Darknet Case Study: Anatomy of a Takedown. In Proceedings of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS), Seattle. v. 24, 2018.
Sarah Lewis Cortes, MLAT World Treaty Cartel Internet Overlay for Digital Traffic Analytics, PhD Dissertation, 2018.
Sarah Lewis Cortes, Darknet Correlations for Data Breach Early Detection and Prevention, Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST18) (submitted).
Sarah Lewis Cortes, MLAT World Treaty Cartel Internet Overlay for Digital Traffic Analytics for MLAT.is, Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST17), April 2017.
Aaron Jaggard, Aaron Johnson, Sarah Lewis Cortes, Paul Syverson, and Joan Feigenbaum, 20,000 in League Under the Sea, Anonymous Communication, Trust, MLATs, and Undersea Cables, [pdf] Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETS-15th International Symposium). 1(1), pp 4–24, (2015). ISSN (Online) 2299-0984, DOI: 10.1515/popets-2015-0002.
Sarah Lewis Cortes, Legalizing Domestic Surveillance: The Role of Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties in Deanonymizing TorBrowser Technology, Richmond Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 22 #2 (December 2015), pp. 1-99, http://jolt.richmond.edu/2015/12/05/v22i1article2.pdf
Sarah Lewis Cortes, Cyberterrorism. In The SAGE Encyclopedia of War: Social Science Perspectives, Ed. Paul Joseph (2016) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483359878.n174 .
Robin W. Cotton, Catherine Grgicak, Sarah Lewis Cortes, Margaret Terrill, Charlotte J. Word, DNA Mixtures, www.DNAmixtures.com. Boston University School of Medicine, Biomedical Forensic Sciences. This project was supported by Award No. 2008-DN-BX-K158 awarded by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U. S. Department of Justice. Note: This application was highlighted in Executive Office of the President, President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST), Report to the President: Forensic Science in Criminal Courts: Ensuring Scientific Validity of Feature-Comparison Methods, September 20, 2016, p. 83. https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/PCAST/pcast_forensic_science_report_final.pdf.
Sarah Lewis Cortes, CircuitBlasTor: Practical Privacy Optimizing for Real-life Proprietary Information Protection, (submitted).
“Jurisdictional Arbitrage in Anonymous Network Path Selection” Sarah Lewis Cortes, Andrew Lewman (The Tor Project, OWL Cybersecurity), Aditya Rao and Christo Wilson (Northeastern University)) (under publication review).
Sarah Lewis Cortes, Rebecca Herold, Gal Shpantzer, Chris Veltsos, “Chapter 3: Legal Frameworks for Smart Grid Privacy,” (with the Smart Grid Interoperability Panel Cyber Security Working Group (CSWG)) NIST: NISTIR 7628 2014 Guidelines for Smart Grid Cyber Security: Vol. 2, Privacy and the Smart Grid, 2014, pp. 8-21 (pp. 304-317).
Sarah Lewis Cortes, Rebecca Herold, Gal Shpantzer, Chris Veltsos, “Chapter 3: Legal Frameworks for Smart Grid Privacy,” (with the Smart Grid Interoperability Panel Cyber Security Working Group (CSWG)) NIST: NISTIR 7628 2010 Guidelines for Smart Grid Cyber Security: Vol. 2, Privacy and the Smart Grid, 2010, pp. 7-15 (pp. 323-331).
Some sample applications I have implemented for Fortune 500 clients or major educational institutions
- DNA Mixtures- Boston University Biomedical Forensic Sciences Department, BU Medical School- supported by Award No. 2008-DN-BX-K158 awarded by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U. S. Department of Justice. DNA Mixtures was highlighted in the Executive Office of the President, President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST), Report to the President: Forensic Science in Criminal Courts: Ensuring Scientific Validity of Feature-Comparison Methods in 2016.
- Biopharmaceutical Clinical Trial System - major global Biopharmaceutical Company located in Cambridge, MA
- Global Equity, Fixed Income, Cash and Derivative Instruments MultiCurrency Accounting Systems - major Financial Services Company located in Boston, MA, New Hampshire and and Rhode Island
- Faculty Information System, Harvard Law School
- Held-Away Assets, for a major asset management company in the Boston area, Major complex application to incorporate all client assets from all financial institutions
- Global Multi-Currency Investment Company Fund Accounting system, for a major asset management company headquartered in the Boston area
- Cash Investment Company Fund Accounting system, for a major asset management company
PhD, Northeastern University, College of Computing and Information Science: Computer Science: Cybersecurity 2018
- Northeastern CCIS profile
- László Barabási (Northeastern University, College of Computing & Information Science)
- Guevara Noubir (Northeastern University, College of Computing & Information Science)
- Engin Kirda (Northeastern University, College of Computing & Information Science)
- Thomas Koenig (Northeastern University)
Paul Syverson (Center for High Assurance Computer Systems (CHACS) of the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL))
- Software Vulnerabilities, Computer Networking, Network Security
- Operating Systems, Social Computing
- Physics 5116: Dynamical Processes on Complex Networks
- Physics 7331: Network Science Data
Boston University Medical School, Department of Biomedical Forensic Sciences 2015-16
Dr. Robin Cotton, Department Chair, Advisor - M.S.-level classes in the M.S. Biomedical Forensic Sciences Program - Forensic Sciences: Crime Scene Analysis
- Forensic Sciences: Criminal Ethics and Law- Evidence
- Forensic Sciences: Criminal Law II-Expert Witness
MS Boston University, Computer Science - Information Security, 2011
- Software Security, Database Security, Network Security, Information Security, IT Security Policies
- Data and Telecommunications
- Database Management, Data Mining
- Java Programming, Data Structures, Analysis of Algorithms
- Digital Forensics, Biometrics
- AB Harvard University
- Languages. Coursework in:
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Circuit Board Engineering
- Assembly Language
- Managerial Finance
- John Harvard Scholar
- Agassiz Scholar
- Harvard Crimson Daily newspaper, editorial editor
CRISC, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, ISACA, the International Information Systems Audit and Control Association, 2018
- CIPP/E (GDPR), IAPP, the International Association of Privacy Professionals, 2018
- comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe
- qualified to fulfill the DPO requirements
- CISA, Certified Information Security Auditor, ISACA, the International Information Systems Audit and Control Association, 2008
- Information systems audit, control and security auditing practices and techniques
- Gathering and preserving evidence in forensic investigations
- Control objectives and reporting techniques
- Applicable laws and regulations affecting investigation scope, evidence collection and preservation
- Evidence collection techniques (e.g., observation, inquiry, inspection, interview, data analysis
- Forensic investigation techniques, computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to gather, protect/preserve evidence
PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute (PMI), 2007
- Boston University, Certificate in Private Investigation- 2010
- Met educational requirement for Board Certified Criminal Defense Investigator (CCDI) from Criminal Defense Investigation Training Council
- Investigative research, Investigative Interviewing, Investigative Surveillance
- Instructor: Former Chief of Police, Town of Winthrop & Town of Spencer, Massachusetts
- Security, including cybersecurity
- The Darknet
- Anonymous Networks, Routing algorithms, Path Selection and Internet Communications
- Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties in Criminal Matters and Investigations (MLATs)
- Smart Grid, Smart Meters, Technology, Legal Frameworks and Case Law
- Data Breaches - Technical Analysis, Legal Frameworks and Case Law
- Cyberstalking - Technical Analysis, Legal Frameworks and Case Law
- Technology Education
Selected Invited Talks, Speaking Engagements and Paper Presentations
- Darknet Investigations- Safe and Legal Techniques, at High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), International Conference, Washington, DC, invited speaker
- Practical Darknet Investigation Techniques in the Alameda County Crime Lab at National Cryptocurrency and Dark Web Symposium at California District Attorney’s Association (CDAA), May 22-25, 2018, Newport Beach, CA
- Darknet Investigation, California Association of Criminalists (CAC), Concord, CA, May, 2016
- Darknet Investigations, Women in e-Discovery, Mountain View, CA, May 2018
- Darknet Investigations, HTCIA, Milpitas, CA, May 2018
- Home Depot Hack: Reverse Engineering POS malware at Merritt College, Oakland, CA, April 2018
- Password Cracking and Darknet Hacks: Malware Reverse Engineering at DevPulseCon, Mountain View, CA, April 2018
- Privacy Breaches, GDPR, NISD and SOC2, ISACA Silicon Valley, April, 2018
- Darknet Investigation and Forensic Techniques at FBI RCFL, Seattle, WA, February 2018
- Darknet Investigation and Forensic Techniques at American Association of Forensic Scientists (AAFS), Seattle, WA, January 2018
- A Freedom Hosting Darknet Case Study: Anatomy of a Takedown, at American Association of Forensic Scientists (AAFS), co-presentor with Gareth Owenson, Seattle, WA, February 2018
- Dark Networks, Santa Clara University, Department of Computer Engineering, Santa Clara, CA, November, 2017- invited lecture
- Darknet Cryptography, at City College of San Francisco, in CNIT 141: Cryptography for Computer Networks, November, 2017, guest lecturer
- GDPR Enforcement and the Darknet, at ISACA Silicon Valley Fall Conference, Santa Clara, CA, November, 2017- invited speaker
- GDPR and Breaches, Early Detection on the Darknet, at ISACA San Francisco Fall Conference, San Francisco, CA, invited speaker
- Darknet Investigations, at University of Portsmouth School of Computing, Portsmouth, UK, October 2017, invited speaker
- Darknet Investigations, at High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), International Conference, Anaheim, CA, invited speaker
- Protecting the Grid from Cyber Threats Working Group, Pentagon City, Lexington Institute - invited speaker
- CyberSecurity for the SmartGrid, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Capitol Hill, Washington DC, Lexington Institute, Securing Smart Grid Data Conference - invited speaker
- MLAT World Treaty Cartel Internet Overlay for Digital Traffic Analytics, MLAT.is, 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST17), Boston, MA, April 25, 2017- invited speaker
- NACACS, ISACA’s North America Computer Audit, Control and Security Symposium, Orlando, FL. Invited speaker jointly with Rebecca Herold, the Privacy Professor, a renowned privacy expert. ISACA is the International Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
- American Accounting Association Transformative Technologies Workshop, Chicago, IL- invited speaker
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) Institute: Cybersecurity in the Financial Services Industry, University of Delaware, Lerner College of Business and Economics [View YouTube video]- invited panelist
- Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP): invited speaker to North America Computer Audit & Control Association Symposium, NACACS15, Orlando, FL [View YouTube video]
- PETS 14, Privacy Enhancing Technology Symposium, Amsterdam: MLATs and Path Selection
- ECA 14 Eastern Communications Association Panel, Providence, RI: with TV & film producer Garland Waller
- USENIX13 Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet (FOCI13), Washington DC: Legal Hostility factors in Anonymous Network Routing
- EnergySecurity12 conference, Portland, OR: Legal Aspects and Case Law in Smart Grid Privacy: invited panelist
- B-Sides Las Vegas Security Conference during Defcon/Black Hat week: SmartGrid, Surveillance & Subpoenas
- Northeastern University NIST SmartGrid Cybersecurity Conference, on Smart Grid Privacy Legal Frameworks: invited speaker
- Jubilee Christian Church, Boston, MA, invited speaker and panelist on Cyberstalking
- Babson College, Has IT Killed Privacy?, Wellesley, MA: invited speaker
- Boston University, Craigslist Killer and Location-Based Technology: invited speaker
- Project Management Institute (PMI) National Conference, Boston, MA: COBIT and IT Standards: invited speaker
- Bentley University Usability Forum, Waltham, MA: invited speaker
- Suffolk University: Project Management and OpenSource: MBA class, Sawyer School of Business, Boston, MA: invited speaker
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Annual Conference, Waltham, MA: COBIT and IT Standards: invited speaker
- Testimony (and text) before the Massachusetts Legislature on Data Breach Laws, Massachusetts General Law (MGL) Chapter 93H and its regulations, 201 CMR 17.00
- Testimony before the Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation (OCABR) on Data Breach Laws, Massachusetts General Law (MGL) Chapter 93H and its regulations, 201 CMR 17.00
- Testimony before the Massachusetts Legislature on impact on employers of a bill amending MGL 149, which provides leave for victims
Academic & Related Appointments
Northeastern University Law School, Legal Skills in Social Context Clinic (LSSC)
- co-Leader: Surveillance Law, Privacy Tools, and Anonymity w/ACLU
- co-Leader: Domestic Surveillance, Privacy and Anonymity Technology w/Casa Myrna Vasquez Domestic Violence Agency
MIT CoDesign Studio, MIT Media Lab
The Tor Project, Inc.
- Researcher – File/Analyze FOIAs/FOIPAs
- Collaborate with US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) researchers on network path selection
Harvard Extension School
Suffolk University, Sawyer Business School, Strategy and International Business Department
- Guest lecturer, MBA class. Project Management and OpenSource
Harvard Senior Common Room, Cabot House
- Technology and Business Tutor. Appointed by Harvard House masters, SCR members are appointed as prominent achievers in their field to advise students.
- Advised students, helped them with their resumes, computer skills, and job search.
Prospect Hill Academy, Cambridge, MA
- Teaching Assistant, teaching high school youth computer programming and related skills.
Cambridge Ringe and Latin School, Cambridge, MA
- Teaching Assistant, teaching high school youth computer programming and related skills.
Honors and Awards
2013 World Bank Hack-a-Thon Team, First Prize, Washington DC
- First Prize for team development of an application, fuerza.is, to help fight domestic violence
#Sample Professional Organizations, Activities and Affiliations
Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Digital and Multimedia Evidence Crime Lab 2017-Present
American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)- Member 2017
High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)- Member 2017-Present
IEEE P1912 – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Privacy and Security Architecture for Consumer Wireless Devices Working Group 2015-present
National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST) SGIP-CSWG: Smart Grid Interoperability Panel, Cyber Security Working Group
- Led the Legal sub-team that created, and then updated, the privacy section of NISTR report 2009-2014
- Privacy Use Cases sub-team 2009-2012
- Smart Grid Interoperability Panel Cyber Security Working Group (CSWG) 2009-present
- Educational Organizations - Harvard University - Annual Giving Co-Chair, Reunion Giving Co-Chair - National Cathedral School for Girls - Capital Campaign Special Gifts Committee - Milton Academy - Annual Giving Committee, 2003-2014 - Shady Hill School - Capital Campaign Major Gifts Committee, 2000-2004 - Cambridge Ellis School - Director. Capital Campaign Steering Committee
- Social Services Organizations
- Emerge, Inc. - various fundraising campaigns - Transition House - Board Development campaigns
Some of my nonprofit organizations, fundraising and Boards of Directors:
- Harvard University Annual Giving Co-Chair, Reunion Giving Co-Chair
- Milton Academy Annual Giving Committee, 2003-2014
- National Cathedral School Capital Campaign, 2004-2008
- Merritt College Cybersecurity Program Advisory Board 2018-present
- Emerge Batterer Education Program (BIP), Director, Vice President, Clerk, 2009-present. Emerge is the first Batterer Intervention Program in the US, for Court-Mandated treatment
- Transition House, Clerk 2014-2015, Director 2013-2017, Volunteer. Work with survivors providing computer training, resume and job search advice. One of the first Domestic Violence(DV) Shelters and service providers in the US
- Cambridge Technology Council, Founder, Director, President 2012-2017. Technologists collaborating to end technology abuse
- Cambridge Technology Violence Prevention Council co-Founder 2012-2017
- Each One Teach One, Founder 2012-present. Economic empowerment through job training and employment in technology.
- State of MA, Department of Children and Families (DCF), Community Advisory Board nominee
- Cambridge Family and Children’s Service (CFCS) Director
- Shady Hill School Capital Campaign 2000-2004
- Cambridge Ellis School - Director, Capital Campaign Steering Committee
- Work with members of the MA Legislature on bills affecting employers and cyberstalking
In the Press
5/15/17- ‘Dangerous’ ransomware campaign roils global computer networks, EENews
6/26/15- SWIFT Institute and University of Delaware collaborate on cyber security challenges, SWIFT Institute
3/18/15-Experts: Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights may ease privacy compliance, TechTarget Media
Mass. legislator: Revisit data security law, Boston Business Journal
State moving to rework data security law, Boston Business Journal
Advanced: French. Some: Italian, Russian, Latin, Greek, Arabic, Swedish