- DNA Mixtures- Boston University Biomedical Forensic Sciences Department at BU Medical School
Delivered an application supporting training in DNA Mixtures for Boston University Biomedical Forensic Sciences Department at BU Medical School.
- Biopharmaceutical Clinical Trial System - major Biopharmaceutical Company located in Cambridge, MA
- Global Equity, Fixed Income, Cash and Derivative Instruments MultiCurreny Accounting Systems, major Financial Services Company located in Boston, MA and Rhode Island
- Faculty Information System, Harvard Law School
Project Management- Major Application development
I am a Project Management Professional (PMP), with over 40 major and medium-sized technology projects delivered into production.
Among other incident response, as Senior Vice President for Disaster Recovery, I oversaw the recovery for Putnam Investments when parent company Marsh & Maclennan’s data center went down in flames on the 96-99th floors of the World Trade Center on 9/11.
As Senior Vice President for Information Security Operations, I oversaw the daily operation of Putnam Investment’s data security for over $800 billion in assets under management worldwide and 20,000 employees.
- IT Audit, Managerial and Financial oversight
As a Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), I have overseen hundreds of IT audits for financial services companies. I am a Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), fully accredited by ISACA
- Coursework includes: Managerial Accounting and Finance, Harvard University
- Financial Analyst, The Boston Company - Budgetary analysis, financial review, capital analysis, senior management and Board Audit Committee reporting of $1b fun companies and $400m revenue primary business units and banking units
- Managed 100+ staff concurrently, over 800 individuals over time
- Budget responsibility for over $20 million in IT deliverables annually
- Some of the types of audits I have overseen:
- SAS 70 (SAE 16)
- NIST 880-53
- Client Audits
- Reg Y
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- GxP - FDA - biopharmaceutical
- SAS 70 (SAE 16)
- Some of audit and control frameworks I have implemented:
- ISO 27000
- NIST 800-53 and other NIST
- CMMI for Development
- SEI’s CMM (Capability Maturity Model) for SW
- (US DoD) Software Engineering Institute
- PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments, v2)-UK Office of Govt Commerce (OGC)
I work with the Tor Project as a researcher into network security in online communications networks. I also file FOIAs for Tor principals. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis. Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. Tor works with many of your existing applications, including web browsers, instant messaging clients, remote login, and other applications based on the TCP protocol.
The Smart Grid Interoperability Panel – Cyber Security Working Group, May 2013, NISTIR 7628 U. S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
The Smart Grid Interoperability Panel – Cyber Security Working Group, August 2010, NISTIR 7628 U. S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Jurisdictional Arbitrage in Anonymous Network Path Selection (submitted for publication, November 2014) Presented a version at PETS, the Privacy Enhancing Technology Symposium, at the Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam, July 2014
Presented a version of my research at 3rd USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet (FOCI), August 2013
2014 MIT Media Lab, CoDesign Studio, co-leader in Surveillane, Tor and Domestic Violence: Cyberstalking
Suffolk University, guest lecturer. Strategy and International Business Department, Sawyer Business School. Project Management and OpenSource
- 2012 EnergySec
- 2011 Northeastern University NIST SmartGrid Cybersecurity Conference
- 2010 Babson College, Has IT Killed Privacy?
- 2009 Bentley University Usability Forum